Stretching the Boundaries is an explosive 61-second hand-drawn animation film by the critically-acclaimed director Kleopatra Korai specially-commissioned for the opening ceremony of the 8th ASEAN Para Games, which was held in Singapore, December 2015 and directed by Philip Tan (Philbeat). This beautiful film is in official competition at the 2016 Annecy Festival, the world’s top festival for animation films. Stretching the Boundaries is one of only 216 final films selected from 2680 entries that have come from 83 countries all over the world. The film is also in the Official Selection of the Bucheon International Animation Festival, Korea and Ottawa International Animation Festival, Canada.
- Click here for press kit in English.
Click here for press kit in Greek.
See Korai’s film in action (first movement of the 8th ASEAN Para Games Opening Ceremony) here with captioning.
Click here to see more of Korai’s stunning works which include not only animation films but live action and music video
* For here for more information about the 8th ASEAN Para Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies, which have been praised by the Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong as ‘spectacular’, and a partner organisation as ‘the most accessible yet’ (Singapore Association for the Deaf) and the ‘best ever’ by the press (Today, The New Paper et al).
- Click here for high resolution images of Korai’s film and related images from the Ceremonies
* Click here to find out more about Philip Tan, Creative Director and Philbeat, the creative team behind the Ceremonies and other large-scale multimedia extravaganzas
- Any enquiries please contact Kai (Dr Kai Syng Tan) firstname.lastname@example.org